When to use a mask?
- If you are in good health, you should only use a mask if you are caring for someone suspected of being infected with 2019-nCoV.
- Wear a mask if you cough or sneeze.
- The mask is only effective if combined with frequent hand washing with a hydro-alcoholic solution or soap and water.
- If you wear a mask, it is important that you know how to use and dispose of it properly.
How do I put on, use, remove and dispose of a mask?
- Before putting on a mask, wash your hands with a hydro-alcoholic solution or soap and water.
- Apply the mask so that it covers the nose and mouth and make sure it fits your face as closely as possible.
- When wearing a mask, avoid touching it; whenever touching a used mask, wash your hands with a hydro-alcoholic solution or soap and water.
- When it gets wet, replace it with a new mask and do not reuse single-use masks.
- To remove the mask: remove from behind (do not touch the front of the mask); dispose of immediately in a closed container; wash hands with a hydroalcoholic solution or soap and water.